activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover failure?
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:09:34 GMT
I've no idea how to reproduce this in ActiveMQ; I wonder if you could
create a JUnit test case? I'm pretty sure the failover code is working
and will keep retrying forever until someone closes the
connection/transport.

I wonder if your problem is actually that Lingo is timing things out
and failing with an exception if a request does not complete within a
specific amount of time?

Can you reproduce your issue using just JMS?

James

On 3/27/06, claudem <claude.montpetit@trilliantnetworks.com> wrote:

> It seems that when the TCPTransport thread stops after losing its connection,
> there is no other thread that gets activated in time to keep the program
> alive. Here is a workabound that fixes this problem:
>
> If I create a thread in my main that stays alive, failover works well. Here
> is my main:
>
>   public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
>     new Thread(new Runnable(){
>       public void run() {
>         while(true){
>           try {
>             Thread.sleep(100);
>           } catch(Exception e){}
>         }
>       }
>     }).start();
>     new
> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("com/mycom/server-applicationContext.xml");
>   }
>

> --

James
-------