activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refreshing authorizationPlugin config
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:12:49 GMT
On 3/30/06, Azly <azly.nacro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to refresh  authorizationPlugin  config without restarting
> AMQ ?

Not right now.

>   In a production environment,  we want to add a new queue/topic with
> specific authorization without stopping the service for existing
> queues/topics.  Changes to existing queue/topic authorizations could be
> applied only on new created sessions.

One workaround is to define your security using hierarchies and
wildcards so that you can create new destionations at runtime without
having to create a new authorization configuration.

> Do we have to defined a custom authorizationPlugin that use an external
> config and capable of changes detection?

Depending on what you need this might make sense.

> If so how can we configure AMQ to
> use a custom plugin for authorization ?

ActiveMQ is completely configurable; you should be able to swap in and
out any part of it to do things differently if thats what you need.

All the security plugins are just generic interceptor  in ActiveMQ; so
you can implement them however you wish. e.g. if you want to derive
from the current authorization plugin and add some kinda load/reload
from a central database etc.

http://activemq.org/Interceptors

To use them just add an entry into the <plugins> element.

  <broker useJmx="false" persistent="false">
    <plugins>

You can then use either an XBEan configuration mechanism or just use
spring style

<bean class="com.acme.MyNewPlugin"/>

--

James