activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lingo -- reconnecting a client to server
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:27:54 GMT
On 3/29/06, Claude Montpetit [Trilliant]
<claude.montpetit@trilliantnetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  * I have a client and server interacting with Lingo.
>  * The client issues an async message and "listens" to obtain the answer
> back.
>  * The client crashes.
>
> Is there a way to restart my client and either resume waiting for the
> server response, or grabbing the answer if the server had completed? I
> understand that client uses a temporary queue to get the answer. So Is
> this possible with Lingo or will I do this with "pure" JMS queues or topic?
>
> (still new to JMS/Lingo so I hope this question is not too off-topic)

The JMS contract basically says that temporary topics & queues only
survive for the duration of the duration of the JMS connection which
created them.

So to be able to handle clients crashing and coming back - just create
a queue per client and use that. i.e. rather than using a temporary
queue, just use a real queue - then any messages sent after the client
crashes will be redelivered on startup.

You just need to pass in the queue to use on the Lingo client - which
if none is provided, a temporary queue is created.

--

James
-------