activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query the number of messages from a Queue
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:09:28 GMT
JMX is the standard J2SE way of instrumenting and controlling POJOs.
See the MBeans in Java 5 for garbage collection etc. I hardly think
thats "not good" since pretty much everything uses it now.

If you really don't want to use JMX you can always use the ActiveMQ
POJO APIs on the broker itself - surf the javadoc, all the stats are
there. The benefit of JMX is you can connect remotely to any JVM and
visually see the queues and their sizes using JConsole (or any other
JMX tool)

http://activemq.org/JMX

BTW once you've looked up an MBean in JMX you can use it as a pure
POJO anyway - even if its remote

James

On 3/29/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
> This is not good, I don't want to go with another layer just to get the
> messages count :(
>
> Westelinck, Kenneth wrote:
> > I think you'll have to use JMX to do this. Only available in ActiveMQ 4.0 .

for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information
and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

--

James
-------