activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ participating in a SSO environment
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:54:49 GMT
Hi Rick

We don't yet offer support for other security/authentication options
other than the usual JMS options right now; though we could fairly
easiily add some properties to the ConnectionFactory & ConnectionInfo
so that the broker could use the additional SSO ticket/tokens to
perform some kind of authentication/authorisation on the start of a
connection.

What API were you thinking of using in the broker to do the SSO
authentication/authorisation?

James

On 3/26/06, rszeto <rick.szeto@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried posting this on the old forums, but got no answer. Even if there is
> no solution, please post a response:
>
> I would like to know what is the best/suggested way to include ActiveMQ into
> a SSO session. What I require is the ability to authenticate users with
> valid SSO ticket/token and at the same time still allow others to login with
> a username and password.
>
> Has this been done before?
>
> I was look at the ConnectionInfo class in javadoc for 3.x and was thinking
> that there may be a way to differentiate the two types of authentication
> with a value in the Properties object from ConnectionInfo.getProperties().
> Is this appropriate? How can I set values to from the client?
>
> I know the authentication infrastructure has been completely redone in 4.0.
> What are the options in that version?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rick Szeto
> --