activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover failure?
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 02:04:29 GMT
On 3/24/06, claudem <claude.montpetit@trilliantnetworks.com> wrote:

> Rewording the question may help:
>
> If I connect a Queue Receiver running in Spring to a running external broker
> using the failover protocol, and if I then shutdown the broker, is the
> connected receiver running in Spring supposed to break, i.e. stop running
> and terminate?

The failover transport will either keep retrying to connect forever,
or up until the maximum retry count is reached; if the maximum retry
is reached it will fail with a JMS exception. Once the reconnection
occurs, it will re-establish all the connections, sessions, producers,
consumers and re-play any in-process message flows.

You can configure the failover retry count & exponential backoff and
so forth using these properties on the URI you connect with

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/Failover+Transport+Reference

--

James
-------