activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jms routing
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:56:33 GMT
On 3/24/06, d j <jin_dsoft@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just a little further., Let's imagine a grid computing network for instance.
> All gridlet has same queue, but identified by fqdn (full qualified domain
> name). A publishing to an queue will publish to a queue with domain name.
> The broker on the edge will route the message to the right destination. In
> that sense of routing, it will really make the activeMQ a much bigger
> player. Otherwise, it will be used in very limited system and stays nitch.

I agree that broker-specfic queues are useful, but they are not
strictly required to be a non-nitch messaging system. Using demand
based forwarding we can reproduce pretty much the same effect of
certain queues being hosted on certain brokers by just being careful
on what brokers we run JMS consumers on and then let the demand based
forwarding mimick the same topology of broker-specific queues.

--

James
-------