activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standard JMS client calling lingo server
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:12:05 GMT
On 3/24/06, claudem <claude.montpetit@trilliantnetworks.com> wrote:

> Lingo makes communication between my client and the server very easy. Both
> ends use Lingo. What if I want external processes that only talk JMS to be
> able to connect to the server too? Can the "lingo way" be made public to a
> customer who wants to connect to the server?

For simplicity, the default on-the-wire format of Lingo client-server
communication is a Spring Remoting Invocation/InvocationResult inside
a JMS ObjectMessage. This isn't the most suitable format of message to
give any-old JMS client - particular a C/C++ client :)

So you can write a plugin Marshaler which can decide how to take an
Invocation/InvocationResult and turn it into a JMS message and back
again - so you can capture the state in the message using any format
you wish.

BTW the XStream marshaller is a good alternative to start off with as
its easy for folks to deal with XML

--

James
-------