activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ 3.2/Spring/Jencks/POJO and XA Transactions
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:49:30 GMT
I know we found and fixed a number of JCA Resource Adapter issues to
do with dealing with exceptions on endpoints; I wonder could you try
out using ActiveMQ 4.0-RC1 to see if you can reproduce this in the new
version of ActiveMQ?

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC1/

The main change is the package rename from "org.activemq" to
"org.apache.activemq"....
http://activemq.org/Changes+in+4.0

James

On 3/24/06, jpederzolli <jpederzolli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm reposting this from the LogicBlaze forum...
>
> I havent been able to get transactions to rollback and retry properly using
> this combination of technologies. Below is the pertinent spring
> configuration:
>
> Code:
>
>         <bean id="jencks" class="org.jencks.JCAContainer">
>                 <property name="bootstrapContext">
>                         <bean class="org.jencks.factory.BootstrapContextFactoryBean">
>                                 <property name="threadPoolSize" value="25" />
>                         </bean>
>                 </property>
>                 <property name="resourceAdapter" ref="resourceAdapter" />
>         </bean>
>
>         <bean id="resourceAdapter"
> class="org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
>                 <property name="serverUrl" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
>         </bean>
>
>         <bean id="transactionMdb" class="org.jencks.JCAConnector">
>                 <property name="jcaContainer" ref="jencks" />
>                 <property name="activationSpec">
>                         <bean class="org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec">
>                                 <property name="destination" value="transactionQueue"
/>
>                                 <property name="destinationType" value="javax.jms.Queue"
/>
>                                 <property name="resourceAdapter" ref="resourceAdapter"
/>
>                         </bean>
>                 </property>
>                 <property name="ref" value="consumer" />
>                 <property name="transactionManager" ref="userTransaction" />
>                 <property name="resourceAdapter" ref="resourceAdapter" />
>         </bean>
>
>         <bean id="consumer" class="com.test.Consumer"/>
>

>         <bean id="transactionContextManager"
> class="org.jencks.factory.TransactionContextManagerFactoryBean" />
>         <bean id="userTransaction"
> class="org.jencks.factory.GeronimoTransactionManagerFactoryBean" />
>         <bean id="jtaTransactionManager"
> class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
>                 <property name="userTransaction" ref="userTransaction" />
>         </bean>
>
>         <bean id="jmsFactory" class="org.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory">
>                 <property name="connectionFactory">
>                         <bean class="org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>                                 <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616"
/>
>                         </bean>
>                 </property>
>         </bean>
>
>         <bean id="transactionJmsTemplate"
> class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">
>                 <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsFactory"/>
>                 <property name="defaultDestinationName" value="transactionQueue" />
>                 <property name="deliveryPersistent" value="true" />
>         </bean>
>

> I am throwing a RuntimeException in the onMessage() method of the POJO MDB
> if a rollback should occur. The following is in the logs:
>
> Code:
>
>  [DEBUG] 2006-03-22 12:05:11,810  - org.activemq.ra.ServerSessionImpl:0
> [...]

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/