activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Every other remote call fails with NoSuchMethodException
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:18:08 GMT
I've gotta say this one has me a bit stumped :)

BTW are you sure its nothing like you've changed the API of the
service and your JMS queue has old messages on it which are being
dispatched first?

e.g. if you start with empty queues (manually delete the persistence &
journal files in activemq or use JConsole to purge the queue) do you
still have the same problem?

In development mode I often run a broker with <broker
persistence="false">... to avoid these issues.

James

On 3/23/06, John Currier <currier_john@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I hope that I'm doing something stupid here, but every other remote call
> fails.  I'm using Lingo/Spring with ActiveMQ. Here's the output that I
> receive in the caller's JVM:
>
>  17:32:42.668  WARN [JmsSessionDispatcher: 1]
> (org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.JmsServiceExporter) - Could not find target method
> for RemoteInvocation: methodName='processSchedule', parameterTypes=[class
> xxx.xxx.xxx.Schedule]
>  java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> $Proxy10.processSchedule(xxx.xxx.xxx.Schedule)
>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1581)
>         at
> org.springframework.remoting.support.RemoteInvocation.invoke(RemoteInvocation.java:178)
>         at
> org.springframework.remoting.support.DefaultRemoteInvocationExecutor.invoke(DefaultRemoteInvocationExecutor.java:33)
>         at
> org.springframework.remoting.support.RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.invoke(RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.java:76)
>         at
> org.springframework.remoting.support.RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.invokeAndCreateResult(RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.java:112)
>         at
> org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.JmsServiceExporterSupport.onMessage(JmsServiceExporterSupport.java:85)
>         at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.processMessage(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:449)
>         at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.dispatch(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:115)
>         at
> org.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.run(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:100)
>
> That stack trace looks just about identical to one that occurs if the
> intended recipient isn't started...but then, of course, every call fails.
>
> Is there something that I could have done in the config files to cause this?
> When this exception occurs the intended recipient doesn't report anything.
>
> When I exported another implementor of the same interface then it fails on
> every third call, apparently round-robining between the actual recipients
> and some 'ghost'.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> John
> --