activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jms routing
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:05:50 GMT
On 3/23/06, d j <jin_dsoft@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm new to activeMQ, but have been working with commercial JMS product for
> long. I'm looking at if the activeMQ provides the routing on queue service
> and how to configure them. Let say, I have three brokers, A, B and C. There
> are direct connections between A and B, and B and C, but no connection
> between A and C. A and C brokers are sitting in different networks. The
> message producer of queue "someQueue" has consumer at C broker. There is no
> local queue "someQueu" at local in A. How would I configure three brokers to
> do the routing or forwarding? The Sonic MQ is using directory to do the
> routing. Does ActiveMQ have the similar service?

Currently no - ActiveMQ often uses DemandBasedForwarding; so the
demand of consumers on C will lead to B getting subscription
information from C, which will lead to B subscribing to A. In the
DemandForwardingBridge we basically forward messages to where there is
demand (i.e. an active consumer). For queues we choose 1 possible
consumer to send it to; for topics we send to all suitable consumers.

--

James
-------