activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't send more than 32067 Messages...
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:57:09 GMT
BTW we did find a couple of gremlins in M4 that affected long term
operation of ActiveMQ such as this...

http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-617

so I'd recommend trying out the 4.0-RC1 build that we are about to
release shortly to see if that fixes your issue.

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC1/

On 3/23/06, natron <nathanthrasher@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ-4.0-M4 (I tried using the latest nightly build but I
> can't get any clients to connect via the TCP transport).
>
> I've run 2 sets of tests using TextMessages containing a 241 byte string and
> a 23 byte string - both messages are similar in size to the kinds of
> messages my system will need to send.
>
> When I start sending 241 byte messages to a Topic at a rate of about 93/sec,
> I am able to get only 19240 messages through before the server halts all
> traffic.  I have to shutdown and restart the server before I can pass any
> more data through.
>
> When I do exactly the same thing with 23 byte messages, I am able to pass
> 32067 messages through.
>
> I ran both of these tests 3 times each and every time I came up with exactly
> the same numbers.  There are never any exceptions thrown on clients or the
> server.  Everything just quietly halts.
>
> Here is how I am creating my client sessions:
> sess = tc.createTopicSession(false, TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>
> Also, this is using the TCP transport:
>     <transportConnectors>
>        <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
>     </transportConnectors>
>
> I am not using any kind of persistence nor am I interested in persisting any
> data.  I have "persistent="false"" in my activemq.xml file.
>
> Can someone please help?
>
> Thanks,
> Natron
> --