activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmx and jndi problem
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:58:44 GMT
On 3/22/06, Javier Leyba <xleyba@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've two simple questions:
>

> 1 - if I've  more than one broker in the same machine and enable jmx,
> I receive an error related port 1099. How should I configure this port
> ?

See the bottom of this page for details of how to configure the remote
JMX connector..
http://activemq.org/JMX

BTW we do have an implementation of JMX-over-JMS in the Lingo project
(http://lingo.codehaus.org), which avoids the use of RMI ports for
listening to remote brokers - though we've not yet figured out a nice
way to use this when using JConsole

> Also, is possible two define a jmx server that unite all brokers to
> allow administrative tasks ?

Yes - this is what the JMX-over-JMS connector does in Lingo - allowing
you aggregate state and send group commands out etc

> I would like to start/stop brokers from a
> jmx console but I noticed if enable jmx in a broker and it is stopped
> I can't start it from jmx.
>
> May be what I want is not allowed, sorry, but I never worked with jmx !!  :)

Not sure I follow - you mean the start() method is not visible in JMX?

> 2 - I'm trying to bind a topic to jndi but I received a message like this:
>
> [code]
>
> Caught: javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException
> javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException
>         at org.apache.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.bind(ReadOnlyContext.java:312)
>         at javax.naming.InitialContext.bind(InitialContext.java:355)
>         at com.bs.proteo.notifications.transaction.HelloWorldProducer.main(HelloWorldProducer.java:37)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
> [/code]
>

> When I tried to do:

The ActiveMQ JNDI provider creates a read only JNDI context that does
not allow rebinding by default. You could use another JNDI provider to
make a mutable context. Or configure the JNDI provider using
instructions here...

http://activemq.org/JNDI+Support

(see instructions on how to edit jndi.properties plus on how to use
dynamicTopic names)

--

James
-------