activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMSPriority and retrieving message from queue by priority
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:17:03 GMT
Agreed - I think the easiest way of working with JMS priorities (which
few JMS providers implement well) is just to use a selector on
subscriptions using the JMSPriority header.

e.g. run lots of consumers with a selector of something like

 JMSPriority > 4

then a small number for low priority messages etc. This then gives you
very fine grained control over what resources you give to different
priority messages.

James

--

James