activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Knowing existent persisted topics at startup
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:05:48 GMT
I'd read this FAQ entry first to understand how ActiveMQ manages
destinations...

http://activemq.org/How+do+I+create+new+destinations

I think your best bet is going to be using the MBeans for ActiveMQ which
allow you to browse the available destinations and create them etc. You can
then expose them to JNDI yourself etc.

One new feature that might be useful is to patch the current JNDI provider
for ActiveMQ
http://activemq.org/JNDI+Support

to add an option where we connect to the broker's JMX remote connector &
query all the available destinations then pre-polulate the destinations in
the local JNDI context. Anyone fancy having a go at coding that? :)

James

On 3/17/06, Javier Leyba <xleyba@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need my application check which topics were persisted and still
> exists in broker at start up.
>
> I need this because I've topic names stored in a DB. My application
> will try to load them from a DB and create them in broker. I want to
> check if they exists before create'em and bind them to jndi.
>
> How could I do this ?
>

> Thanks in advance

James
-------