activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: porting from JbossMQ
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:43:43 GMT
On 3/17/06, Andrea Manca <manca@link.it> wrote:

> Il giorno gio, 16-03-2006 alle 12:38 +0000, James Strachan ha scritto:
> > 1) The wiki page descripting the resource adapter properties needed some
> > work - I've updated it to describe how to configure the redelivery
> policy
> >
> > http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/Resource+Adapter+Properties
>
> Thanks for the quick response and for your updates. I see in:
>
> http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-286
>
> that is possible to define a redelivery policy per destination basis
> using ActiveMQResourceAdaptor.
> Could you please tell me how this can be done?

Using Java code you can set the redelivery policy on an ActiveMQConnection
or ActiveMQMessageConsumer using the setRedeliveryPolicy() method. Also you
can configure it on the ActiveMQResourceAdapter using properties too.

We do have some destination specific configuration options that can be used
using a handy URI syntax
http://activemq.org/Destination+Options

Though those currently don't include being able to change the redelivery
policy I'm afraid. So to change the redelivery policy on different
destinations, I think right now you'll need to use different resource
adapters.

I don't quite grok how the destination options work yet so am not sure if we
can add redelivery policy to them; could you raise a JIRA for this as I
think it'd be a handy feature if its not too hard to do.

--

James
-------