activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network of brokers refuse connection
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:32:21 GMT
On 3/17/06, Javier Leyba <xleyba@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/17/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This isn't terribly well documented yet I'm afraid - but when you are
> > creating a network of brokers; the brokers act kinda like JMS clients
> > connecting to other brokers. The <transportConnector> defines the
> address
> > the broker will listen on for inbound connections - from JMS/OpenWire
> > clients or other brokers.
> >
> > So using your first example...
> >
> >        <transportConnector uri="tcp://172.31.112.9:62003"
> > >
> > > />
> >

> James
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Let me try check if I understood you.
>
> Do you mean that my config should be something like this ?
>
> <transportConnectors>
>         <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:transport_port"/>
>     </transportConnectors>
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>         name = bridge
>             networkTTL = 2
>         <networkConnector
>
> uri="static:(failover:tcp://localhost:network_port,tcp://remote_host:remote_transport_port,
> ....)"/>
>     </networkConnectors>

Yes, thats what I was trying to say :)

One minor change though - I think there are issues currently with using
static and failover on a network connector URI.

There was a recent issue with this...
http://jira.activemq.org/jira/browse/AMQ-588

so I added a warning to the wiki page
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/ACTIVEMQ/Networks+of+Brokers

So I wonder if you could try either

        <networkConnector
uri="static:tcp:/

> /localhost:network_port,tcp://remote_host:remote_transport_port,
> ...."/>

or

        <networkConnector
uri="failover:tcp:/

> /localhost:network_port,tcp://remote_host:remote_transport_port,
> ...."/>

As I think there are some issues nesting static and reliable together with
networks; though I confess to not having got to the bottom of why yet.

--

James
-------