activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network of brokers, discoveryuri and jaas
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:56:58 GMT
I think this is the multicast discovery causing complications. Multicast
discovery is used in this case, with the <networkConnector> to auto-discover
brokers and connect them together. Steve recently hit this one too...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-users/200603.mbox/%3c24970.194.203.201.92.1142429132.squirrel@mail.formicary.net%3e

the problems is caused by the multicast-discovery connecting a broker to
itself causing problems. If you don't need/want multicast discovery you
could just disable it. Another alternative is to enable loop back mode as
follows to disable mutlicat-sending messages to itself...

<networkConnector uri="multicast://default?loopBackMode=true"/>

--

James
-------