activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Kerry Todyruik" <kerry.todyr...@gmail.com>
Subject JMSPriority and retrieving message from queue by priority
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:27:07 GMT
Hi,

I am fairly new to JMS and ActiveMQ. I was thinking that it would be useful
to use a JMS queue as a priority queue, retrieving messages by priority
rather than order of addition. I'm not sure where to go with this. Should I
be able to do this with ActiveMQ? Can I set up a queue to order messages by
the JMSPriority field?

If this is possible, could somebody point me to some documentation or
provide an example?

If it is not possible, what are some reasonable options? I could build my
own DB-backed queue. I also thought that it might be possible to dynamically
route messages from one queue to one of 9 queues, one for each JMSPriority
value and then synchronously check these queues in order of priority. Does
that sound like a reasonable solution?

Thanks,
Kerry Todyruik