activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Leyba" <xle...@gmail.com>
Subject Journal is already opened by this application error
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:36:55 GMT
Hi

In my tests I'm running two broker instances from the same
installation directory.

In my config I've defined for both brokers:

--------------
<persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="/home/arqweb/jl/activemq-4.0-SNAPSHOT/activemq-data"
dataSource="#mysql-ds" useJournal="true" useQuickJournal="false" />
    </persistenceAdapter>
-------------

But at start up I received error message:

--------------
ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
Message Broker. Reason: java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened
by this application.
------------

I thought it could be originated by the shared data directory then I changed to:

BROKER_1
--------------
<persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="/home/arqweb/jl/activemq-4.0-SNAPSHOT/activemq-data"
dataSource="#mysql-ds" useJournal="true" useQuickJournal="false" />
    </persistenceAdapter>
--------------

BROKER_2
-------------
<persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="/home/arqweb/jl/activemq-4.0-SNAPSHOT/activemq-data1"
dataSource="#mysql-ds" useJournal="true" useQuickJournal="false" />
    </persistenceAdapter>

But I received the same message.

Then I created a new directorie as a copy of current SNAPSHOT
installation to run each broker from his own directory tree but I
receive again the same message.

Now I wonder how should I solve this problem ? Which is the
recommended way to run more than one broker in the same machine ?

Thanks in advance