activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Leyba" <xle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Architecture doubt
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:59:38 GMT
On 3/21/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely; you should be able to make a network of master/slave
> brokers. A master/slave pair acts as a logical broker - so you should
> be able to network them.

James

Thanks for your reply.

> BTW what kind of load do you expect? Are the 10K clients mostly
> consumers or are they all publishing etc? e.g. what kinds of
> messages/second are you thinking of.
>
> Depending on your OS and the hardware you're running it on, a single
> broker could deal with 10K clients - its mostly an issue of can the
> broker deal with the IO load, the number of threads & mostly the
> number of sockets that the broker can deal with; but its likely you'll
> want a few less clients per broker - maybe 1-4K per broker.

Well, my messages will be just simple text notifications by now and
I'm planning to set something like you said, 3 or 4 brokers.

I'll try to test it too, but If it works I'll be stopped with my
listener problem.

I'll appreciate If you could give some clues in this matter.

Thanks in advance