activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Leyba" <xle...@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure persistence in MySQL
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:03:20 GMT
I'm a little bit confused. Let me tell you what I understood and
please tell me what am I doing wrong.

I want to have a journal persistence for faster performance but that
could be automatically stored in a MySQL DB.

Then I've defined:

Code:

 <persistenceAdapter>
                         <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="../activemq-data" dataSource="#mysql-ds"
useJournal="true" useQuickJournal="false">
                                 <adapter><bytesJDBCAdapter/></adapter>
                         </journaledJDBC>

     </persistenceAdapter>
   </broker>

         <bean id="mysql-ds"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
             <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
             <property name="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://172.31.112.16/activeMQ?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
             <property name="username" value="activeMQ"/>
             <property name="password" value="activeMQ"/>
             <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
     </bean>

After run some tests creating topics and messages and couldn't see
tables created or data in my MySQL DB.

Then I decided to test using just a jdbc persistence in my MySQL DB
then I replaced above code with:

Code:

 <persistenceAdapter>
             <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mysql-ds"
cleanupPeriod="60000">
                 <adapter><bytesJDBCAdapter/></adapter>
             </jdbcPersistenceAdapter>

         </persistenceAdapter>
     </broker>

     <bean id="mysql-ds"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
             <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
             <property name="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://172.31.112.16/activeMQ?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
             <property name="username" value="activeMQ"/>
             <property name="password" value="activeMQ"/>
             <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
     </bean>

But when I started broker I saw in console out:

Code:

 INFO  DefaultListableBeanFactory     - Creating shared instance of
singleton bean 'mysql-ds'
 INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0-M4 JMS Message
Broker (nova1) is starting
 INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information
please see: <a href="http://www.logicblaze.com" target="_blank"
rel="nofollow">http://www.logicblaze.com</a>
 INFO  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Database driver recognized:
[apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
 INFO   - Journal Recovery Started from: Active Journal: using 2 x
20.0 Megs at: activemq-data/nova1/journal
 INFO  JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Journal Recovered: 0
message(s) in transactions recovered.

it's using a JournalPersistenceAdapter !!! ???

I've checked activemq start script and commented the line:

Code:

 if [ -z "$ACTIVEMQ_OPTS" ] ; then
   #### ACTIVEMQ_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Dderby.system.home=../data
-Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true"
     ACTIVEMQ_OPTS=""
 fi

Then I started broker againg and saw the same message !!!

Why my broker is using allways JournalPersistenceAdapter and how could
I get a persistence where data were saved in Journal and MySQL DB ?

Thanks in advance