activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Barham" <steve.bar...@formicary.net>
Subject SSL Support
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:05:55 GMT
Hi,

I've run through the standard wiki entry on using SSL with ActiveMQ. This
doesn't seem to actually indicate how to enable SSL, however - at least
for my configuration.

I'm currently using ActiveMQ 3.2.2, and the server will start correctly
and reject plaintext connections, once I changed the connector to:

<tcpServerTransport uri="ssl://localhost:61616" backlog="1000"
useAsyncSend="true" maxOutstandingMessages="50"/>

On the client however, I am unable to use this URI to connect to ActiveMQ;
specifying it results in the following error:

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not load protocol: SSL. Reason:
java.io.IOException: Could not find class for resource:
META-INF/services/org/activemq/transport/SSL
	at
org.activemq.transport.TransportChannelProvider.createJMSexception(TransportChannelProvider.java:86)
	at
org.activemq.transport.TransportChannelProvider.getFactory(TransportChannelProvider.java:77)
	at
org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createTransportChannel(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:801)
	at
org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:608)
	at
org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:598)

Is there another step for ActiveMQ 3.x to enable SSL?

Should I be using ActiveMQ 4? When I downloaded, 3.x was the latest stable
release.

Cheers.

Steve