activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Adrian Tarau <...@daxtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: Query the number of messages from a Queue
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:39:25 GMT
Why 4.0-RC1 is not public on the website?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to integrate ActiveMQ in a very 
important messaging system and 4.0 seems to be to young for that and 
3.2.x doesn't have everything I need.

I think I will wait a little bit :)

James Strachan wrote:
> I'd recommend using 4.0-RC1 now which is looking very solid.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0-RC1/
>
> James
>
> On 3/29/06, Westelinck, Kenneth <WestelinckK@delaware.be> wrote:
>   
>> No. M4 contains nasty bugs. Use the snapshot instead.
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Adrian Tarau [mailto:ady@daxtechnologies.com]
>> Sent: Wed 29/03/2006 18:21
>> To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Query the number of messages from a Queue
>>
>> That's great, but is active 4.0 M4 stable enough?
>>
>> James Strachan wrote:
>>     
>>> On 3/29/06, Adrian Tarau <ady@daxtechnologies.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>       
>>>> I didn't say that JMX is a bad approach(JMX is great), just I image  a
>>>> simple java  call, ActiveMQManager.getMessagesCount(Queue queue) do to
>>>> the job.
>>>>
>>>>         
>>> You can look up all of these interfaces in JMX and use them as a POJO...
>>>
>>> http://activemq.codehaus.org/maven/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/package-summary.html
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> http://activemq.codehaus.org/maven/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/DestinationViewMBean.html
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>>>> I'm in 3.2.2, so could you be more specific, where I can find the stats?
>>>>
>>>>         
>>> There are none in 3.x; this is why we've been working on 4.x for the
>>> past year to add all of these stats :)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> James
>>> -------
>>> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
>>>
>>>       
>>
>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information
and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information
and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
>>
>>     
>
>
> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
>   


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message