activemq-users mailing list archives

From claudem <claude.montpe...@trilliantnetworks.com>
Subject Failover failure?
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:39:15 GMT

Not sure if this is the expected behavior, but this is what happens when
testing failover on the activeMQ4-SNAPSHOT (march 23rd). I am using Lingo's
async tests in these tests but this is not lingo specific.

Failover works well when starting a client process that attemps to connect
to a broker that is not available: once the broker is available, the client
connects without problems. But If I stop the broker and there was a client
waiting to receive messages, it crashes the client. I did the following
steps using the lingo asyn examples with an extenal broker:

* I have NO activeMQ broker running

* I start a lingo server that connects to brokerURL:
failovertcp://localhost:61616)?maxReconnectAttempts=0

* I start a lingo client that connects to the same URL.

* Both are waiting for the broker to be available

* I start the broker at this URL.

* The server receives the message and sends back its result to the client.

* The client receives the message and closes.

Then, I stop the broker. After a few seconds, the server terminates as well
without any thrown exception.

Is this the expected behavior? I would have thought that the server would
remain active until the broker is restarted.

Claude

PS: I cross-posted to the old forum before sending here. There does not seem
to have much traffic on the old forum so here it is. Original message is at
http://forums.activemq.org/posts/list/595.page