activemq-users mailing list archives

From frenchc <fren...@gmail.com>
Subject Message Redelivery after startup, potential BUG with easy test case
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:12:12 GMT

I think there is a bug where messages are redelivered after a restart. I just
used the test examples to show this, see my attached print out. FYI, I've
tried this on the latest snapshot as well as the M4 release, and the bug
exists in both places. I am running it on windows XP.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1)Start activemq
2)change the example build.xml to have persistence (durable=true)
3)set max messages to '100'
4)Run ant producer to produce messages
5)Restart activemq
6)change max messages in build file to '10'
7)Run ant consumer
restart activemq
Repeat steps 7/8 1-2 more times and you'll notice the same messages start to
get consumed again. I've attached the output.

I uploaded a file with outputs from this test scenario at:

http://forums.activemq.org/posts/list/598.page