activemq-users mailing list archives

From natron <nathanthras...@adelphia.net>
Subject Can't send more than 32067 Messages...
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:47:21 GMT

Hi,

I'm using ActiveMQ-4.0-M4 (I tried using the latest nightly build but I
can't get any clients to connect via the TCP transport).

I've run 2 sets of tests using TextMessages containing a 241 byte string and
a 23 byte string - both messages are similar in size to the kinds of
messages my system will need to send.

When I start sending 241 byte messages to a Topic at a rate of about 93/sec,
I am able to get only 19240 messages through before the server halts all
traffic.  I have to shutdown and restart the server before I can pass any
more data through.

When I do exactly the same thing with 23 byte messages, I am able to pass
32067 messages through.

I ran both of these tests 3 times each and every time I came up with exactly
the same numbers.  There are never any exceptions thrown on clients or the
server.  Everything just quietly halts.

Here is how I am creating my client sessions:
sess = tc.createTopicSession(false, TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

Also, this is using the TCP transport:
    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"/>
    </transportConnectors>

I am not using any kind of persistence nor am I interested in persisting any
data.  I have "persistent="false"" in my activemq.xml file.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Natron