activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Barham" <steve.bar...@formicary.net>
Subject Re: SSL Support
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:25:32 GMT
Well, that was a worthwhile email! Have resolved the issue; here's the
summary for those who are interested. FWIW, I think it's worth updating
the Wiki entry to reflect this:

Steps post-wiki:

1. Find in activemq.xml:

       <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

   Replace with:

       <transportConnector uri="ssl://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

2. Find in activemq.xml:

       <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>

   Replace with:

       <!--<networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>-->

3. Alter your client to connect using the ssl:// form rather than tcp://

The reason that you need to comment out the networkConnector element is to
prevent ActiveMQ connecting to itself - if you do this with a self-signed
certificate, you will get a constant spam of certificate_unknown
stacktraces to the console, as the broker is not configured with the
truststore set up in the wiki.

Cheers,

steve

--
Steve Barham                       tel: +44 (0)7973 199 471
Systems Engineer