activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Manca <ma...@link.it>
Subject Re: porting from JbossMQ
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:23:04 GMT
Il giorno ven, 17-03-2006 alle 12:43 +0000, James Strachan ha scritto:
> Using Java code you can set the redelivery policy on an ActiveMQConnection
> or ActiveMQMessageConsumer using the setRedeliveryPolicy() method. Also you
> can configure it on the ActiveMQResourceAdapter using properties too.
>
> We do have some destination specific configuration options that can be used
> using a handy URI syntax
> http://activemq.org/Destination+Options
>
> Though those currently don't include being able to change the redelivery
> policy I'm afraid. So to change the redelivery policy on different
> destinations, I think right now you'll need to use different resource
> adapters.
>
> I don't quite grok how the destination options work yet so am not sure if we
> can add redelivery policy to them; could you raise a JIRA for this as I
> think it'd be a handy feature if its not too hard to do.

I think could be interesting adding this properties in the activation
spec of the resource adapter too. In this way the MDB should be able to
specify the redelivery policy on destination basis without deploy many
resource adapter.
I've not many confidence with the AMQ source code, so i don't know if
this could be a difficult task.

--
AM