activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Mike" <Mike.Ger...@airbus.com>
Subject Network of brokers, discoveryuri and jaas
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:46:43 GMT

hi,

after some trying I managed to get AMQ4 working with JAAS and a broker network. In the activemq.xml
file I didn't used the discoveryUri. Then I wanted to try it and got an error. So what happend?
What does the discoveryUri do and how can I get it to work with JAAS?
Here is a snipped part of my activemq.xml file:

<plugins>
      	<jaasAuthenticationPlugin configuration="activemq-domain" />
      	<authorizationPlugin>
        		<map>
         			<authorizationMap>
					<authorizationEntries>
              <authorizationEntry queue=">" read="admins" write="admins" admin="admins"
/>
              <authorizationEntry topic=">" read="admins" write="admins" admin="admins"
/>
					</authorizationEntries>
          			</authorizationMap>
        		</map>
      	</authorizationPlugin>
    </plugins>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61617" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>

And here one the strange errors I get:

tcp:///127.0.0.1:1878
org.apache.activemq.broker.AbstractConnection.processRemoveConnection(AbstractCo
nnection.java:528)Failed to remove connection ConnectionInfo {commandId = 2, res
ponseRequired = false, connectionId = ID:D0208611-1872-1142502133151-3:0, client
Id = NC_Writer_outboundWriter, userName = null, password = null, brokerPath = nu
ll}

The strange thing is that I get these security errors only when I use discoveryUri and not
when I don't use it. This error is because AMQ wants a password and doesn't get it. Even if
the application should deliver it, because it can use AMQ in a cluster, when discoveryUri
is not set.

cya

mike

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the
Global Internet. Keep this in mind if you answer this message.