activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing an javax.transaction.Transaction and/or javax.transaction.TransacionManager instance
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:28:11 GMT
On 24 Feb 2006, at 18:27, Claudio Corsi wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but this interface will not give me any access
> to a Transaction instance. It only offers access to an XASession of
> the JMS provider.
>
> My product already knows how to generate a XAResource instance. It
> just needs to enlist this resource with the current global
> transaction.

Thanks what Jencks does - you just register your JCA ResourceAdapter
and Jencks does the rest.

> In the case of activemq, i would assume that whenever a user uses
> an XAConnection. activemq would create a XAResource that it enlists
> with the broker jta integration and return an XASession instances
> that wraps the XAResource enlisted with the jta transaction.

No - the JCA container does the enlistment in a J2EE 1.4 container
using the JCA Resource Adapter.

The specification of JMS's XAConnection and XASession does not do any
enlistment - thats the job of JCA and RAs.

You might wanna look at the JCA spec? Or try the Spring Framework
which has lots of handy utility classes for getting hold of a
transaction for use in different application servers

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/