activemq-users mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Accessing an javax.transaction.Transaction and/or javax.transaction.TransacionManager instance
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:54:53 GMT
Hi James,

Thanks for the reply...

James Strachan wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2006, at 18:27, Claudio Corsi wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply but this interface will not give me any access
>> to a Transaction instance. It only offers access to an XASession of
>> the JMS provider.
>>
>> My product already knows how to generate a XAResource instance. It
>> just needs to enlist this resource with the current global  transaction.
>

> Thanks what Jencks does - you just register your JCA ResourceAdapter
> and Jencks does the rest.

Yes, i just realized my mistake this morning. I was thinking that jms
had a reference  to a tm instead of thinking that someone else has a
reference to the tm and that i need to get a reference to that tm to
enlist my products xaresource...

one my previous co-workers looked at using jca. He mentioned that it was
affecting our performance and it was easier for us to get a reference to
the container tm instead...

i'll take a closer look at jencks source and especially at the jca
resource adapter...

thanks,

--Claudio