activemq-users mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Accessing an javax.transaction.Transaction and/or javax.transaction.TransacionManager instance
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:24:01 GMT
Hi all,

Some background, I have a dbms product that provides the ability to
implicitly integrated with a jta implementation, (we use the Transaction
enlist/delist methods using a XAResource instance). This is done through
the implementation of an interface. The user will just uses our product
within a jta aware application and internally we use the implemented
interface to get access to the containers jta transaction and/or
transaction manager.

What I'm wondering is if there is a standard api for me to access a
standalone activemq application jta implementation? I did notice that
the DefaultBroker has a getTransactionManager method. I just was not
able to determine how to get access to this method call?

Is it possible for me to get access to the DefaultBroker?

I'm assuming that our product will be used within a onMessage callback.
This would be where we would use the implemented interface to get access
to the current transaction/transaction manager, if any exists.

thanks,

--Claudio