activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Dege Ratak" <deg...@pointclickcare.com>
Subject XA Transactions and Redelivery -- known issues?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:17:42 GMT
Using ActiveMQ 3.2.1

I have an object with a method made transactional using Spring which in
turn synchronously receives a message from a queue (can't use
MessageListener as it is driven by SOAP requests)

When I throw a runtime exception after receiving the message, the
message does not seem to be put back on the queue.

I can see from the log that XA Transactions are being used and a
rollback is occurring.  But subsequent retries to receive the message
fail as no messages are found.

However, if I restart the broker then the message is on the queue again.

I've seen a couple of threads on possible issues with (Transactions,
JmsTemplate, RedeliveryPolicy) but never a resolution.  Anyone?  Is this
a known issue?

Note: If I remove the transactional configuration for the method in
question then after the exception is thrown the message is no longer on
the queue even after restart of the broker which is the expected
behavior without transaction management.