activemq-users mailing list archives

From "DeSantis, MJ Mark @ IS (7179)" <Mark.J.DeSan...@L-3com.com>
Subject Question about connection pooling
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:47:20 GMT
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to ActiveMq so forgive my naiveté.

I have a project I'm working on which, though Jms, spawns new JVMs on remote
machines. Threads in those new JVMs then register with the Jms server to
listen for jms messages themselves. The problem I'm facing is that it seems
there is about a 20 second delay for those threads to connect to the server
- that is too slow. I was wondering if there was some sort of connection
pooling that activemq can be configured to implement. I though perhaps if
activemq could have a pool of open connections perhaps my threads could
connect to jms faster.

Thanks

Mark