activemq-users mailing list archives

From Richard <richar...@tpg.com.au>
Subject Weblogic and ActiveMQ setup
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:04:54 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to integrate Weblogic and ActiveMQ for the first time, but
it's not working for me. At every turn I seem to find some fundamental
incompatibility that no one else seems to have found, or documented. I'm
just lucky I guess.

The story so far: I started off trying to integrate WL8.1.4 and ActiveMQ
3.2.1 using WL's foreign JMS provider mechanism. That fell down when WL
reported that the queue returned by ActiveMQ was not a valid
destination. The best guess on the BEA forums was that this was a
classpath related issue, and I targetted the Geronimo jars that shipped
with ActiveMQ (all those classes should be provided by Weblogic anyway I
reasoned). As it happens, the javax.management.statistics.* classes
aren't included with WL8.1.4, and at this point I went to WL9, reckoning
it was likely to have more features, and free me from the suspect
dependency on Geronimo in Weblogic.

On WL9.0.1 I found that including commons-logging*.jar in the weblogic
classpath will cause the management console to fail (some weird
incompatibility with log4j, struts, and whatever evil BEA may have done
in there). Therefore, the foreign JMS provider route was apparently cut.

I tried going down the ResourceAdapter/JCA route, but WL9.0.1 throws a
collection of errors when I try to start the deployment:
[1] The ra.xml <managedconnectionfactory-class> class
'org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory' must override both
equals() and hashCode(), but doesn't.
[2] The ra.xml <managedconnectionfactory-class> class
'org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory' must override both
equals() and hashCode(), but doesn't.
[3] The ra.xml <managedconnectionfactory-class> class
'org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory' must override both
equals() and hashCode(), but doesn't.
[4] The ra.xml <activationspec-class>
'org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec' must implement
java.io.Serializable but does not.

Frankly, I'm at a loss for how to get Weblogic and ActiveMQ to
integrate. I'd like to end up with MDBs on WL responding to destinations
managed by ActiveMQ.

Any hints, tips, war stories, criticism, etc. gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Richard Cottrill