activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [activemq-user] Test a JMS connection
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:18:48 GMT
On 3 Jan 2006, at 22:39, Ben Lindahl wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is there a non-provider-specific way to test an existing JMS
> connection? (
> i.e., I want to know whether the connection has gone down since I
> originally
> obtained it).  Right now, I'm doing createTopicSession and
> reconnecting if I
> get a JMSException.

No there's not I'm afraid. Your solution seems reasonable to me.

BTW if you want you can use a JMS provider which auto-reconnects on
connection failure for you, so you don't need to perform a blocking
request-response each time you want to use a connection to check if
its still active.
http://activemq.org/How+can+I+support+auto+reconnection

James
-------