activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NMS API 1.8.0
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 08:43:23 GMT
I didnt actually check yesterday but upon doing so the dirs/files dont
look to be in the repo
(https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-api/tree/1.8.0-rc1/test/nms-api-test)
and do seem to be ignored already
(https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-api/blob/1.8.0-rc1/.gitignore#L4-L5).
I guess it just relates to usage of the content and the process around
creating the archive.

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 at 19:00, Heiser, Derek <DHEISER@quad.com> wrote:

> I would say that source directories shouldn't have /bin or /obj at all and can be added
to .gitignore to prevent them from being committed.

> ~D

for the NMS API,  the header is just junk and should be removed.
> The LICENCE file is seemingly full of a host of detail for Java-specific things that
I doubt are shipped as part of the NMS API source release. It should reference only things
relevent to the archive contents.

> I'm also seeing oddness around some dirs in the src archive (e.g.
> test/nms-api-test/bin/Debug and test/nms-api-test/obj/Debug) that upon extraction I dont
have permission to. Viewing in the zip content listing suggests has further subdirs for different
framework versions.