activemq-dev mailing list archives

From michael.andre.pea...@me.com.INVALID
Subject Re: [HEADS-UP] NMS API Release 1.8.0
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2019 17:12:43 GMT
Thanks Tim, Robbie and Clebert.

 Ill work through and try get something as a proposed release.

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 11:11 AM +0100, "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
wrote:

I can't speak to the binary side of things and dont know specifically
how the NMS releases were previously done, but in case its of use here
are the general steps I take for another non-maven source-only
release:
https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/0.28.0/docs/release.md

Steps 6 has the commands used for creating checksum and sig (the
latter is just per Tims link).

Referenced from Tim's link is also a guide to the PGP stuff in general
such as setting up new key etc: www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html

Robbie

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 17:30, Timothy Bish  wrote:

> On 6/18/19 1:37 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > >From what I looked, all you need to do is to follow apache release process:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html
> >

> > and have the signatures...
> >

> > However, the binary distribution generation seems to be using nant. I
> > believe there are better ways to do it currently. as far as I know the
> > .NET framework has evolved a lot since them and there are better ways
> > to do this now.
> >
> > Only question I have is how these binaries were signed before?
> > Manually? I couldn't find any scripting to the signatures.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#sign-release
>

> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 2:51 AM  wrote:
> >> Hi Tim or Jim
> >>

> >> Just want to nudge this so you have a chance to respond.
> >>

> >> Best
> >>

> >> Mike
> >>

> >> Get Outlook for Android
> >>

> >> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 9:48 AM +0100,  wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi All,
> >>

> >> I am looking to run 1.8.0 release of the API which simply adds netstandard2.0
build.

> >> @Jim Gomes or @Timothy Bish, i realise you both historically have run releases.
> >>

> >> Could i ask for some assistance in my first time releasing .net to ensure i
sign correctly and release inline with how you've done this before?