activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Component/Plugin repository
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 16:23:38 GMT
On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 12:50 AM <michael.andre.pearce@me.com.invalid> wrote:

> What ever the agreed place is i would want to see the same rules being applied across
the board as noted this isnt the first time this has cropped up.

It's simple... if the integration is soft, make it a plugin.

We could have a framework defined on how plugins are consumed. That
would allow a whole set of features to be implemented.

> That said. If we go seperate repo route. We could move other bits like docker and operator
sub modules to sub repos there so they can have possibly a different lifecycle.

We could.. however Docker is a bit dependent on the release. if we go
to the apache infra docker support, it would need to be part of the
repository. (not a good example on this case)

> In particular comment to Prometheus plugin. Would it be worth while also providing some
base grafana dashboard people can just import to complement the metrics so end users have
an even quicker onboarding journey.

It could be part of such external repository I think.