activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Artemis past releases page breakages
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 11:29:13 GMT
I've found that the docs/downloads/etc links for recent releases on
the past releases page are broken nearly every time I have used the
page over the last couple of years. I've fixed it a bunch of times,
reported it several times to try and stop it from actually happening,
and fixed it some more times as it keeps doing so.

It is difficult to understand how the same issue keeps happening
repeatedly given how trivial the page is to update and how quick/easy
it is to verify the links while doing so, e.g by hovering over them,
or actually clicking them like a user might and see them 404 or go the
wrong place if the files havent been cleared from the mirroring area
just yet.

As the page is proving so troublesome to maintain in working order, I
think the per-release content might be better jsut removed and only
the direct link to the archive parent dir left. Thats where I will be
going directly in future to save myself the hassle (of noticing the
page is broken and feeling I should report it or fix it yet again).

Robbie