activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.8.0
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 09:31:31 GMT
Most of the time I'd just decide to do another release Real Soon if an
important bug came up at this stage...since its the same amount of
work, folks wont get the new fix any quicker, but respinning means
other folks dont get the things they could use now, and other stuff
might come up in the next few days suggesting more delays or releases
again.

This would be a good case for the exception though, given its about
invalid message delivery and if I'm reading the below correctly has
only being present since 2.7.0 under 6 weeks ago. Avoiding announcing
another new minor release with the issue is perhaps wise.

On Wed, 1 May 2019 at 06:01, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question. I have found a critical issue:
>
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/2656/commits/46d550bda25eae609ee874f5f88b28221a141083
>
> It's not a regression on 2.8.0, but a blocker bug on 2.7.0.
>
> Would I be better on cancel 2.8.0 and respin it.. or do a 2.8.1 asap?
>
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:11 AM michael.andre.pearce
> <michael.andre.pearce@me.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > +1 have built locally, and run a number of basic flow tests using core and amqp.Sent
from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.