activemq-dev mailing list archives

From michael.andre.pea...@me.com.INVALID
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Component/Plugin repository
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 11:59:55 GMT
I think one git repo per thing maybecome a bit too scattery. Id go for one repo with multiple
modules.

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 7:42 PM +0100, "Clebert Suconic" <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 12:25 PM Robbie Gemmell
 wrote:

> I would put them outwith the broker repository. Not really because of
> bloat, which was only a very small part of why I didnt think the
> proposed Kafka Bridge should live inside the broker repo+package for
> example, but thats certainly also something to keep in mind given the
> build is pretty large/slow already.
>
> I wouldnt say a single plugin repository is necessarily a great idea,
> it can tend to become a bit of a dumping ground for idea-of-the-week,
> but the main thing for me would be that components should be
> independently released if there were to be a bunch of optional
> components with mostly unrelated functionality in the same place (e.g,
> the ideas mentioned in this thread already seem mostly independent).

So, what do you suggest? one gitRepo per plugin?