activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 17:53:28 GMT
About propagation of changes, what often happens with sites now is
that the website (or main) repository contains an 'asf-site' branch
that in turn has a 'content' sub-directory within it comprising the
live site. Anything outwith that can comprise the site source. The
repo is monitored by gitpubsub and whenever changes are committed, the
contents dir gets synced to the actual webservers automatically. No
build jobs etc needed.

Robbie

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 15:38, Justin Bertram <jbertram@apache.org> wrote:

> I agree we need up-to-date information for
> http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/team/. Bruce, where's the
> official data on who is a PMC member and who is a committer?
>
> I fixed the CMS download issue.
>
> What are the details about the Slack channel? This is the first I've heard
> of it.
>
> I added the drop-shadow on the "MQ" because on the ActiveMQ 5 project page
> the background behind the image is the same color as the "MQ" and therefore
> it was disappearing. I added the drop-shadow to make it visible. It
> wouldn't be hard to add a drop-shadow to the whole thing, but I didn't
> think the drop-shadow on just the "MQ" looked any stranger than it being a
> different color in the first place.
>
> One thing I'm not really clear on yet is how modifications from the
> activemq-website repo will be propagated to the actual website. I've read
> about some Apache buildbot thing that might help here, but I don't know
> much about it yet. Anybody else have any clue on how that's supposed to
> work?
>
> BTW, I'm working up a PR right now, but I wanted to get as much of it right
> as I could before I sent it.
>

> Justin
>
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM Michael André Pearce
> <michael.andre.pearce@me.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > A few bits we need to work on:
> >
> > I think we need to update this, it was extracted from current site, but is
> > out of date.
> > http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/team/
> >
> > Seems we are missing cms download page
> > http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-website/projects/cms/download/
> >
> > On the contact side, there is now a slack channel this should be added,
> > and have the same visibility as IRC (could be added later, but just to note)
> >

> > With the hero sections on the logo side, where drop shadow has been added
> > to the letters in MQ for Apache Active MQ, it looks a bit odd just having
> > MQ drop shadowed, would it be easy to drop shadow it all.

<snipped>