activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.0 (RC2)
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 11:00:17 GMT
In reading this again, this bit doesnt really make sense to me:
"Notice this is a sub component of ActiveMQ Artemis, and the release
notes will be part of the main component."

Since this will be a separately released component, and each release
will likely be used across a range of broker releases going forward,
it doesnt seem workable to combine its release notes with the broker
release notes. They are independent. It wouldnt be obvious later which
broker release contained notes for this components release or which of
those notes in that broker release actually apply to it, making it
difficult to see the changes in a given release such as this, or see
future changes needed before its next release is considered ready to
go, etc.

Its possible to use the same ARTEMIS JIRA project but there should
still be a JIRA version (and probably component) for each release, e.g
artemis-native-1.0.0 this time. Looking at the commits list suggests
some candidate JIRAs/changes made since the 2.6.0 release that could
be release noted:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis-native/commits/master

Robbie