activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.6.3
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 15:32:49 GMT
I sent the PR to change the way routing-type updates were handled which
introduced the issue you're talking about.

That said, it wasn't even possible to update the routing-type on a queue as
noted on the JIRA [1].  Were you testing this behavior previously?  If so,
what were the results of that previous testing?

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2065

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 9:57 AM, michael.andre.pearce <
michael.andre.pearce@me.com.invalid> wrote:

> Whats solution for monday? Revert the change? Or someone got an
> alternative in pipeline?
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> -------- Original message --------From: Clebert Suconic <
> clebert.suconic@gmail.com> Date: 06/09/2018  14:27  (GMT+00:00) To:
> dev@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.6.3
> i don’t think a regression like this qualifies as -1. We can just follow up
> with 2.6.4.
>
> From what I understood you will need to enable force and then update the
> XML. You can only do that on purpose and we can document the known issue.
>

> We can have 2.6.4 as early as next Monday.
>

> This release had already passed anyways.  As I said the only reason I
> didn’t send the result yesterday night was for a personal appointment I
> had.
>
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 7:53 AM michael.andre.pearce
> <michael.andre.pearce@me.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Not really. This is a regression and causes message loss as queue is
> > destroyed when it shouldn't be
> >

> > Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> > -------- Original message --------From: Clebert Suconic <
> > clebert.suconic@gmail.com> Date: 06/09/2018  12:43  (GMT+00:00) To:
> > dev@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis
> 2.6.3
> > It is not a reason to abort the release.  We can have a 2.6.4.
> >

> > The vote had already passed as yesterday night.  I didn’t send the result
> > yesterday as I had a personal errand.
> >

> > You ok to keep the release if we do a 2.6.4 shortly ?
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 5:49 AM michael.andre.pearce
> > <michael.andre.pearce@me.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > Im going to have to -1 this.
> > > It seems that with delete queue force set, if i change routing type by
> > > mistake the queue is destroyed. The intent of this flag was to remove a
> > > queue only. Not be a flag around redeploy on change. As such breaks
> some
> > > existing use.
> > > Unfortunately there was a last minute change that got merged.
> > >

> > > Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
> > > -------- Original message --------From: Francesco Nigro <
> > > nigro.fra@gmail.com> Date: 05/09/2018  17:04  (GMT+00:00) To:
> > > dev@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis