activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guarantee delivery response message to origin producer
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:57:07 GMT
The correlation ID is not used by the broker to dispatch messages to
clients.  The correlation ID is set by a client and can be used in a
client's selector to implement a request-response pattern.  There's lots of
documentation about this on the Internet.

For what it's worth, messages are never sent to producers.  Message are
only sent to consumers.

In the future please put questions like on the user list rather than
developer list.  The developer list is for discussions about the
development of the broker itself.

Justin