activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Ragnar Paulson <ragnarpaul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why the push to deprecate NMS-openwire?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 01:22:10 GMT
As part of the NMS.AMQP project I can assure you that there is no intent to
replace any transport other than AMQP. The NMS API is a general .NET API
modeled after JMS. It can support a variety of transports (wireline
implementations), one of which is selected when you instantiate an instance
via the connection factory. If you look into the NMS API (
https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-api) there are currently 10
transports supported one of which is AMQP.

The NMS.AMQP project simply seeks to update the AMQP part of the
implementation, which had grown stale, with the AMQPNetLite open source
project.

I can't speak to the openWire transport, or AMQ7. As suggested otherwise
you would be best to contact the authors of those transports to see their
intentions for maintaining a module for the NMS API.

Regards,

Ragnar