activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ-7006
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:27:57 GMT
doing many thousand iterations of the problematic code path using external
api and verifying the vm memory usage after a few gc cycles usually
identifies a memory leak.
see an example here:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/57795bafcea290c6879bb288822435c480a9212d/activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/bugs/AMQ4930Test.java#L120

it is not very elegant, you have to leave some wiggle room, but it is
effective.