activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: post-release updates of Artemis download pages
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:42:14 GMT
As Tim says it is still broken, I didn't change anything since my mail earlier.

On 12 July 2018 at 21:29, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/12/2018 04:08 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
>>
>> @Robbie thanks for fixing it.. just came into it and realized you
>> already did it.. thanks
>
>
> Documentation link for 2.6.1 on this page is still broken for me:
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/past-releases.html
>
>
>
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:09 AM, Robbie Gemmell
>> <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The 2.6.1 docs link at
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/past-releases.html is broken. The
>>> link itself seems fine this time and the other 2.6.1 links work, there
>>> just dont seem to be any 2.6.1 docs.
>>>
>>> The 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 releases aren't mentioned on
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/previous-docs.html
>>>
>>> Robbie
>>>
>>> On 20 June 2018 at 13:20, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> As I said some links just weren't updated to reflect the newer
>>>> checksum distribution policy, but most were broken from pointing at
>>>> the wrong download area/server and using the query arguments that
>>>> aren't used there. That suggested the content was copied unchanged
>>>> from download.html into past-releases.html, which it generally
>>>> shouldnt be.
>>>>
>>>> This commit
>>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5e07407b600aaae38a7ed757a0008bc70cca7a712868812202189f28@%3Ccommits.activemq.apache.org%3E
>>>> shows a couple of issues:
>>>> - All of the links for 2.5.0 and 2.6.0 were broken except for the
>>>> release notes and commit report links. The main links pointed to the
>>>> wrong download server/area, with the tar/zip links also having query
>>>> args left from the mirror system. The doc links pointed to the central
>>>> docs page rather than the actual docs for the release.
>>>> - The 1.5.6 release entry had links pointing to .sha1 files that dont
>>>> exist. Those were presumably just missed in updating the links from
>>>> 1.5.5, which did have .sha1 checksums. I updated those to link to the
>>>> .sha512 files from the current distribution policy.
>>>>
>>>> The typo you mention below was trivial so I didnt call it out in the
>>>> mail but adjusted that in this commit:
>>>>
>>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3d6c90c59e30d65013a0f5bc7243434edb8eb817ffd2272b3be341de@%3Ccommits.activemq.apache.org%3E
>>>>
>>>> A final change is mostly just reducing indent, as I removed the
>>>> wrapper divs (presumably also copied from download.html) for the
>>>> latest entries since the earlier ones dont have those and they all
>>>> live within an outer wrapper div already:
>>>>
>>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/641671780a10b81419711805519e7a8643688be53705c844ab7520de@%3Ccommits.activemq.apache.org%3E
>>>>
>>>> On 19 June 2018 at 15:59, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> I will be more careful... although.. beyond a typo on the
>>>>> description.. of 2.6.0 in one of the downloads.. I had something like
>>>>> <a href = "....2.6.0..."> 2.5.0 </a> what was the actual
mistake.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I'm a bit rusty in svn.. and even though I could find the diff.. I did
>>>>> not understand what was my actual mistake.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:37 AM, Robbie Gemmell
>>>>> <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I tried downloading some Artemis bits using links from the website
>>>>>> earlier and found various links not working. Some just weren't updated
>>>>>> to reflect the newer checksum distribution policy, but most were
>>>>>> broken from pointing at the wrong download area/server and using
the
>>>>>> query arguments that no longer apply. I've fixed the ones I saw now,
>>>>>> but as I had also done the same for earlier releases previously I
>>>>>> think its now worth noting the issue here to hopefully avoid future
>>>>>> breakages occurring.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It looks like the content is being copied unchanged from the main
>>>>>> download page to the past releases page. This wont work because the
>>>>>> main page links to the download mirrors and that content is removed
>>>>>> for historic releases as newer ones occur, so any links for past
>>>>>> releases must reference the archive. The mirrored download links
also
>>>>>> use query arguments that don't apply for the archive area.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Instead, I think the simplest thing to do is to copy the prior release
>>>>>> entry on the past releases page and update the version numbers with
>>>>>> basic find/replace. I went to update the RELEASING.md file to suggest
>>>>>> this but found it already says that, so thought I'd send a mail to
>>>>>> highlight the issue instead.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Robbie
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Clebert Suconic
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Tim Bish
> twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/
>

Mime
View raw message